Find Prenatal Nutritionists
- Healthy Lifestyle
90% of Zaya patients pay $0 for one-on-one nutrition counseling with a registered dietitian.Check Your Insurance Coverage
Find the right care for you.
Pay with your insurance.
Book your visit online.
More about pregnancy nutrition & our prenatal nutritionists
How Zaya Care’s prenatal nutritionists can help
Prenatal nutritionists offer valuable support to pregnant women to make sure they and their babies are staying healthy and growing well. Expectant mothers must be extra mindful of their diet to ensure they and their growing baby receive essential nutrients.
An optimal diet is critical during pregnancy for the baby’s growth and development as well as the mother’s health and well-being. However, with so much conflicting information available, it can be challenging to determine what to eat and avoid.
A prenatal nutritionist specializes in providing expert advice and guidance on ideal nutrition to promote a healthy pregnancy. Here are some of the ways that a nutrition expert can help:
- Review and make suggestions for your diet
- Create a meal plan for you
- Make sure you’re gaining a healthy amount of weight
- Help with managing gestational diabetes
- Help you get more energy
- Address diet-related complications
- Help you get better sleep
- Provide support and motivation.
What to expect in an appointment with your pregnancy nutritionist
In the initial appointment, your prenatal nutritionist will talk to you about your medical history, current diet, lifestyle, and how pregnancy has gone so far. They work collaboratively with you to create a tailored pregnancy meal plan that makes sure you’re eating the correct foods and amount of food for you and your growing baby.
Follow-up appointments provide ongoing support, allowing for progress monitoring, adjustments to the plan, and addressing any challenges or concerns.
By working with a pregnancy nutritionist, you can gain the knowledge and tools to optimize your nutrition for you and your baby.
When should someone see a prenatal nutritionist?
We asked Judy Singer, RDN, one of Zaya Care’s dietitians, when an expecting mom should see a prenatal nutritionist. Here’s what she had to say:
“Many common pregnancy symptoms can be managed and supported by working with a nutritionist. Things like acid reflux, nausea, constipation, too little or too much weight gain, and food aversions are just a few examples of symptoms a nutritionist can help you manage. There are also more serious conditions, like gestational diabetes, where it’s crucial to seek counseling from a registered dietitian.
Even women experiencing a healthy pregnancy can benefit from working with a dietitian throughout pregnancy. Everything we put into our bodies while pregnant has an effect on our own health and our baby’s health. A dietitian can help shore up healthy eating habits, make sure you’re getting plenty of the extra nutrients you and your baby need, and provide another point of support to help you feel well and have the best pregnancy possible.”
Our Pregnancy Nutrition Resources
- How a Prenatal Nutritionist Can Help During Pregnancy
- How Many Calories Should I Eat While Pregnant?
- Best Foods to Eat While Pregnant
- How Much Protein Should Pregnant Women Eat?
- Nausea After Eating Early in Pregnancy
- Gaining Weight During Pregnancy but Not Eating A Lot
- Heartburn & Acid Reflux During Pregnancy
- Best First Trimester Foods
- Complications & Symptoms of Not Eating Enough During Pregnancy
- Can I Lose Weight While Pregnant?
- Diet to Reduce High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy
- Keto Diet While Pregnant
- Third Trimester Nausea & Morning Sickness
- Loss of Appetite During Pregnancy