Find NYC Vegan & Vegetarian Nutritionists
90% of Zaya patients pay $0 for one-on-one nutrition counseling with a registered dietitian.Check Your Insurance Coverage
Find the right care for you.
Pay with your insurance.
Book your visit online.
More about our NYC vegetarian & vegan nutritionists
Boroughs our NYC vegan & vegetarian nutritionists serve
Our New York City nutritionists and registered dietitians help people in all five boroughs, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, and Staten Island.
Insurance accepted by our NYC plant-based dietitians
Insurance accepted by our network of NYC-based plant-based dietitians varies from provider to provider, but 90% of Zaya patients pay $0 for one-on-one nutrition counseling with a registered dietitian. They may accept the following types of insurance:
- Aetna (See Aetna Nutritionists & Dietitians)
- Empire BlueCross BlueShield (See BlueCross BlueShield Nutritionists & Dietitians)
- United Healthcare (See United Healthcare Nutritionists & Dietitians)
- Anthem NY
Visit types offered by our network of NYC vegan & vegetarian dietitians
The following visit types are available for patients of our New York City dietitians include:
- Video Visit
- Home Visit
- Office Visit
Languages spoken by our network of nutritionists in NYC
Our nutritionists and dietitians may speak the following languages:
How to book an appointment with one of our registered dietitians in NYC specializing in plant-based diets
If you’re interested in working with a Zaya Care vegan or nutritionist in NYC, you can follow these steps:
- Click this link to view our directory of NYC registered dietitians & nutritionists specializing in plant-based diets.
- Filter the results by things like insurance accepted, visit type, distance, and language spoken.
- Browse through providers and find one that fits your needs.
- Schedule your appointment for a time that works for you by filling out your insurance, visit type, and desired date/time of your appointment.
- Click Continue Booking.
- Create a Zaya Care account to complete your booking.
When to see a vegan or vegetarian nutritionist
You should consider working with a plant-based nutritionist if you’re facing challenges in the following areas:
- Developing a well-balanced meal plan. A vegan and vegetarian nutritionist can help you create a balanced meal plan that meets your specific dietary needs and ensures you get all the essential nutrients such as iron, calcium, vitamin B12, omega-3 fatty acids, and more.
- Getting enough protein. Protein is an essential macronutrient but it can be hard for people following vegan or vegetarian diets to get enough. Our plant-based nutritionists can help you figure out your protein requirements and choose suitable plant protein sources.
- Finding suitable foods when eating out. As you probably know, it can be difficult (and very frustrating) to find plant-based options at restaurants. Our nutritionists can provide practical tips and recommendations on navigating restaurant menus, making informed choices, and ensuring you have satisfying plant-based options.
- Managing specific dietary restrictions or health conditions. If you have specific dietary restrictions or underlying health conditions, a plant-based nutritionist can provide personalized advice and support in tailoring your vegan or vegetarian diet to address your unique needs.
How Zaya Care’s vegetarian & vegan nutritionists can help
Zaya Care’s nutritionists offer evidence-based advice and guidance tailored your individual needs. They provide education on proper nutrition, including selecting and preparing plant-based foods, ensuring adequate nutrient intake, managing portion sizes, and promoting overall well-being.
Nutritionists also play a crucial role in helping individuals navigate food labels, identify suitable plant protein sources, optimize meal timing, and address any concerns or questions that may arise throughout the journey towards a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle.
Zaya Care’s NYC vegan and vegetarian nutritionists offer both video and in-person visits, so you can find help in a way that’s convenient for you.
In your initial appointment, your nutritionist will gather information about your eating habits, dietary preferences, allergies, lifestyle, medical history, and specific goals. This assessment may include measurements such as body weight, body composition, and lab tests if necessary.
Your nutritionist will take the time to listen to your concerns and understand your unique needs, which will serve as the foundation for creating a personalized plant-based meal plan.
Follow-up appointments are an essential part of the ongoing support provided by Zaya Care’s nutritionists. These appointments monitor progress, address challenges, and make necessary adjustments to your plan.
Our nutritionists will review your food diary, provide feedback and guidance, offer suggestions for incorporating new foods or recipes, and provide education on specific nutrients that may require attention in a vegan or vegetarian diet.